About the eco-eze Compot composter (Compost in a Pot)
There are many different compost bins on the market all having various ways to compost waste. Each one will suit different people in different situations, but none of them meet my needs of busy, inner-city living.
When I started this journey in 2009, I found nothing existed commercially, that was reasonably priced and easy to use. There was a homemade system which I also found was not that user-friendly.
Then a friend of mine told me about a homemade method she used. However, when I tried her method, I found this also didn’t suit my needs, as it too had flaws that I considered where important. It did not keep vermin out, did not have a lockable lid and (to me) looked unsightly in the garden.
The Concept of COMPOT and Reversible Lid
- So, I set out to make a common idea commercially viable for everyone and anyone who wanted a simple efficient system of composting and recycling.
- I wanted something that was easy to install, easy to remove, easy to use, required little to no work to install or maintain, didn’t look ugly and didn’t take up space in my garden…. Something that was safe, kept vermin and toddlers out…. Something that was light and easy for the elderly or young children to use…. Something that could fit either a small garden or large garden, that would suit a small family or large family, that was versatile enough for anyone and everyone…. And something that I just fill and forget (no turning or emptying) till I needed to fill it again…….
- Hence the COMPOT was conceived.
- The lockable reversible lid evolved as I experimented with various ways and methods of direct composting and trying to make the COMPOT invisible in the garden plus secure from animals. This now meant it could be mowed over, which is a bonus for me, as I mow right up to the trunk of several of my trees that are not in a defined, edged garden space.
And then came the COMPOTTOP….
- The COMPOTTOP followed as I realized there was a use for the upturned lid. While not every gardener will want to use the COMPOTTOP, it’s a fun way to grow things from seed and a fun way for kids to learn about propagating. The Top can also be used directly in the garden eliminating one step in the propagation process. This, of course, is ideal for busy people like me, and more than anything it did not require any extra space!
- I honestly don’t have the time to compost using traditional composting methods, but with this method I do – so not only do I help the environment by recycling my waste, but I have also gained beautiful, healthy plants and soil. In addition, I reduced my council waste from one full rubbish bin each week, to less than a quarter full bin once a month. Unless I have palm fronds which I confess I put in my council bin if I haven’t had time to mulch them, because we don’t have a separate green waste bin in my area. But I can now trade in my big council bin for a cheaper smaller bin and thus reduce my council rubbish costs.
Remember ‘Everything is Solvable’.
You can’t fail at composting with this system.
Turn All Your Smelly Waste into Sensational Soil the easy way – eco-eze
I look forward to hearing from you….
And remember…. Just…
FILL … FORGET … REFILL